Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Eugene Marathon

So Terry and I took off for Eugene, OR this past weekend....for me to run the half Marathon and for Terry to run the full Marathon.....yeah...who takes vacation days to run 13.1 and 26.2 miles?! We do! Haha! We had a great time in Eugene...we haven't actually been back to Eugene since we moved in 2007! We had the chance to catch up with some of our great friends that we hadn't seen in a while and we had fun reminiscing about the fun times we had when we lived there!
Our trip started at DIA with Terry working....he's a busy guy!
This was the view from our hotel room...this is the bridge that we ran by twice during the race...it also happened to be the bridge that we would run on with Edora when we went on runs back in the day!
Here we are still feeling good the day before the race, the weather was amazing!!!
Here I am after the half marathon...I was pretty proud of myself I have to say! I've been training seriously since January...but I've had some pretty awful shin problems throughout my training and I was discouraged more than a few times, so this was a pretty awesome accomplishment!
The flowers are in full bloom in Eugene....everything is lush and beautiful!!!!!

This is us after the race...hobbling around Eugene....we walked through campus to have lunch with our friends and I think we were still both feeling surprisingly good actually...the real pain didn't hit until the day after...it's still here....3 days later! Also, note our fabulous matching shirts that we got at the health expo...we love them! :)
This is how real runners recharge after a race...gatorade and beer!
The race finished inside Hayward Field which was pretty cool!
And how could I not have Jaimo in a post?! This is the shirt we got her from the health expo..."running. it's a family thing." LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment